Nonsurgical anti-aging treatments are all the rage because while many of us may not be quite at the plastic surgery stage in our life, we’re also not fans of common signs of aging that tend to pop up out of nowhere. Let’s face it, no matter how diligent our SPF sunscreen use and skincare regimen may be, sagging skin, wrinkles, acne, age spots, and fine lines (raise your hand if you’d like to pass on all of those) are no match for genetics and environmental factors as our skin matures. To help combat these superficial concerns, many of the AYA™ Medical Spa patients turn to anti-aging facial rejuvenation treatments for flawless skin – today, let’s take a look at two of the latest and greatest: Mesobotox and Réjuvapen® microneedling.
Mesobotox is probably a new term to most of you, but it generally refers to the combination Botox® and mesotherapy treatment for wrinkle reduction. Mesotherapy is a European injection technique that uses nutrients, vitamins, and antioxidants to produce a younger-looking appearance. Botox® is a muscle relaxing cosmetic injectable that is administered into the face to treat fine lines, wrinkles, and crow’s feet. When you combine the two elements, you get a refreshed look, with little to no downtime. Some of the key features about Mesobotox include:
- A new Botox® injection technique for more natural anti-aging treatment results (this technique helps to prevent the frozen look that comes with exaggerated results)
- Can be used on the forehead, cheeks, around the mouth and eyes (including the downturned corners of the mouth)
- Uses a unique combination of anti-aging properties that are injected beneath the skin to smooth the skin, reduce pore size, boost overall skin quality, and help decrease redness
- Did we mention little to no downtime required and treatments done in less than 30 minutes?
- Some patients benefit the most from a series of 1-2 Mesobotox treatments, spaced three weeks apart, with results typically lasting three to four months
Another game-changing advocate for flawless skin is Réjuvapen® microneedling. The microneedling technique has been around for a while but it’s only recently gotten the accolades it deserves among skincare lovers. Patients who suffer from scarring (whether it’s acne-related or trauma induced), stretch marks, and wrinkles can improve their skin texture and brighten their complexion with microneedling treatments. Here’s how it works and what it can do:
- Uses a dermal roller made up of multiple microscopic needles to create tiny wound patterns on the skin – what this does is stimulates the body’s healing capabilities by breaking up old collagen chains and prompting new collagen to “heal” the wounds
- New collagen production helps to not only smooth the skin but make it firmer
- Réjuvapen® uses a narrow hand piece, that can be adjusted to get access to hard to reach areas on the face (around the nose and upper lip areas), to get the most precise penetration needed to treat the skin but allow the surrounding skin to remain unharmed
- Treatments are safe for any skin type and tone and compliment laser treatments that correct skin laxity and imperfections
If you’re interested in trying an injectable but aren’t sure where to start, our skilled cosmetic injectors can discuss your goals and skincare treatment options during a complimentary consultation to help you achieve your facial rejuvenation goals. Contact AYA™ Medical Spa today to set up your appointment at our Phipps Plaza, Northside, or Avalon locations or for any questions you may have regarding our treatments. Stay connected with the AYA™ team on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and Google+ for more skincare updates and news.