Welcome to AYA Medical Spa’s December edition of Beauty Buzz! This newsletter is focused on our favorite products to gift this holiday season. Plus, we dive deep into one of our favorite cellulite reducing procedures, QWO.
Check Out Our Skincare Holiday Gift Guide
A good skincare routine can result in amazing skin that lasts, along with a newfound appreciation for self-care. Let your favorite people in your life indulge in themselves for once.
For your mom:
Let her skincare do the work for her with Revision Skincare DEJ Night Cream. This product is a peptide rich nighttime moisturizer with Retinol all in one. Retinol helps with our skin’s cellular turnover to fight fine lines and wrinkles. DEJ Night will greatly help with her long-term skin health …. all while she sleeps!
For the man in your life:
Elta MD Foaming Facial Wash is the perfect gift for any man in your life. This gentle enzymatic cleanser will make their skin truly clean without stripping away their natural moisture. Secret insider tip: It makes a wonderful shaving cream!
For your sister:
Revision Skincare Pore Purifying Clay Mask. This mask will leave her skin feeling soft and clean. It is fun to apply and makes it feel like she’s leveling up her self-care game.
For your bestie:
SkinMedica Instant Bright Eye Masks are a fun Friday night activity to pair with their favorite cup of hot tea or glass of red wine. These hydrogel undereye patches are formulated with glycerin to hydrate and antioxidant-packed golden root extract to increase circulation. If they’ve been extra nice to you lately, pair with the SkinMedica Instant Bright Eye Cream. This duo packs a punch!
For the one who loves the outdoors:
Elta MD UV Sheer offers up to 80 minutes of sweat and water resistance making it the ideal choice for an active lifestyle, hot and humid weather and for anyone looking for a lightweight and hydrating sunscreen to live freely under the sun. Because UV Sheer comes in a 1.7 oz bottle, it is perfect for travel!
For the skincare guru:
We bet they haven’t tried Environ’s Revival Masque yet! This intensive masque creates visibly luminous, radiant, smoother, younger-looking skin. The unique combination of three alpha hydroxy acids is known to trigger growth factors which in turn assist in boosting collagen formation. We love the application brush that is included. Secret insider tip: put it on before bed and sleep in it all night!
For the jet-setter:
Phyto-C B5 Gel replenishes skin with essential moisture for optimal skin health. Because it contains Vitamin B5 and Hyaluronic acid, their skin will stay hydrated and balanced throughout travels. B5 Gel is suitable for all skin types and is 1 fluid oz making it perfect to put in your carry-on bag.
For the minimalist:
Elta MD UV Elements is a beautiful tinted facial sunscreen that can give you the perfect no makeup look. It is chemical free and contains hyaluronic acid to keep you hydrated this winter.
QWO Q+A with Kayce Cincar, PA-C
- Q: What is Qwo?A: Qwo is a new FDA-approved injectable treatment for cellulite on the legs and buttocks. It is a non-surgical treatment to reduce moderate to severe cellulite.
- Q: Who is the ideal candidate?A: Anyone who has issues with cellulite on the back of legs or butt.
- Q: How does Qwo work?A: It’s thought that QWO works in 3 ways: releasing fibrous bands, redistributing fat cells, and stimulating the growth of new collagen. The active ingredient is called Collagenase Clostridium Histolyticum which is an enzyme that breaks down collagen (specifically Type 1 and Type 3) in specific tissues to help the body create new and better-quality skin.
- Q: What is cellulite vs. skin laxity?A: Cellulite is dimpling in the skin due to fibrous bands that tether the skin down sectioning fat into clumps. And causing the dimples you know as cellulite. Skin laxity is the loss of collagen and elastin that will cause your skin to lose its structural integrity and begin to droop. It’s important to differentiate the two before determining treatment. Laxity can be treated also but with different products.
- Q: How many treatments do I need?A: Three treatments are required for optimal results. The series is done 21 days apart for best results with bruising. After 3 treatments you can continue with single treatments if needed. You may start seeing results in as little as 10 weeks.
- Q: What are the side effects with the treatment?A: Injection site bruising, pain, areas of hardness, itching, redness, discoloration, swelling, and warmth in the treatment area, the bruising being the most inconvenient side effect. It can be quite severe and one of the reasons we like the treatments at 21 days apart. It reduces the severity of the bruising slightly with the following treatments.
- Q: What do you need to do to start the process?A: Consultations are key. Come in and we can assess you and determine the best treatment plan for you. I recommend fall/winter for this treatment as you will not desire to wear shorts or show off your legs during treatment due to severity of bruising.
If you are curious if a Qwo procedure is the right procedure for you, schedule an in-person and phone consultation. All consultations are confidential and complimentary.
Revision Skincare C+ Correcting Complex
“My favorite product is Revision C+ Correcting 30%! Ever since I began using it, my complexion is very even. When I have a breakout, the time and intensity of hyperpigmentation is much less. I only need a small amount to see results. Plus I look moisturized and glowy!”
– Angel Crossley | Patient Coordinator