Did you know?
Maintaining a balanced diet is not only vital to sustaining a healthy lifestyle, but can also aid in improving your complexion. Consuming foods that contain proper nutrients and anti-oxidants can help eliminate toxins in your body that promote fine lines, wrinkles, and dehydrated skin. According to Fitness Magazine, the following list of foods can help rejuvenate your skin:
- Chocolate – Unfortunately, not all chocolate is good for your skin. Dark chocolate delivers the most benefits due to its 70 percent cocoa content. Cocoa contains flavonoids which are a type of anti-oxidant that helps hydrate and nourish the skin as well as improve luminosity. Consuming a small amount a day is recommended to see subtle results.
- Soy – Eating or drinking soy has shown to reduce hyperpigmentation due to the amount of proteins and minerals that it contains. Foods such as tofu, miso soup, and tempeh are beneficial and tasty choices.
- Yogurt – Low-fat dairy products contain vitamin A and protein, which are important components to stimulating healthy skin. Greek yogurt is extremely beneficial as it contains double the amount of protein than regular yogurt. A daily single serving is recommended to smooth and firm your skin.
- Peppers – Eating two cups of peppers or any kind of green and yellow vegetables daily can decrease the appearance of wrinkles and specifically target crow’s feet. Additionally, the antioxidants in yellow and orange vegetables can reduce skin sensitivity from sun exposure.
- Kidney Beans – Containing high levels of zinc, kidney beans can aid in healing blemishes and clearing the skin. Studies have shown a direct link between low zinc levels and the production of acne. A daily four-ounce serving of kidney beans is suggested.
If you’re looking for immediate results to improve your skin, at AYA Medical Spa we offer an extensive menu of customizable facials, chemical peels, and microdermabrasion procedures to target fine lines, hyperpigmentation, acne, sun spots, and more. For those of you who wish to turn back the clock on their appearance, we also administer wrinkle-reduction treatments including BOTOX® Cosmetic and facial fillers such as Juvéderm® XC, Radiesse®, and Sculptra® Aesthetic.
If you are interested in any of the treatments we offer, contact us today to schedule a consultation. Be sure to connect with AYA on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and Pinterest for the latest skincare information and news.