Welcome to AYA Medical Spa’s July edition of Beauty Buzz! This newsletter features our provider tips, our eye care essentials, and skincare to boost the effect of your injectables.
AYA Med Spa Pro SKin Tip: Don’t Ditch Your Creams for Oils
Oils work as emollients to help skin feel smoother and seal in hydration, but the reality is that oils are devoid of water so while they can help with conditioning, they technically cannot hydrate your skin. In order to get both hydration and moisturization, mix the oil into your usual day or night cream.
The Eyes Have It: Skincare Must-Haves
Thin, delicate skin surrounding the eye makes it prone to showing signs of aging and fatigue faster than other areas on the face. Explore our top eye creams and serums and get 20% off all July.
Use Code at Checkout: EYE20
AYA Skincare Bright Eye protects with powerful antioxidants, hydrates, and moisturizes skin for smooth, refreshed under eyes.
Rejuvenate the total eye area with Revision Skincare D·E·J Eye Cream®.
Clinically proven to reduce drooping eyelids, under-eye crepiness, crow’s feet fine lines, and wrinkles.
Combat a multitude of under-eye woes with the SkinMedica Bright Eye Bundle.
- Diminish dark circles and puffiness
- Moisturize and smooth skin
- Prevent dark spots and fine lines
The Dermaplaning Download
This popular add-on to our customized facials is loaded with benefits. Get the scoop on this skin-smoothing treatment provided by our licensed estheticians.
What is Dermaplaning?
A totally non-invasive exfoliating treatment that employs a special scalpel to remove peach fuzz and dead skin cells.
Painless and relaxing, this simple but effective treatment is loaded with skin-boosting benefits:
- Smoother, brighter skin after one treatment
- Complete, non-irritating skin exfoliation and “defuzzing” of facial hair
- Increases skin cells turnover, stimulating collagen
- Improves absorption of serums and skincare products
How to Prep for Dermaplaning Treatment
1. Stop use of exfoliants 5-7 days before treatment. This includes chemical versions like AHAs/BHAs, enzymes, and retinoids, as well as physical exfoliants like microbeads and scrubs.
2. Avoid hair removal for at least 2 weeks before dermaplaning. This includes waxing, shaving, and threading of the facial area.
Downtime and Post-Treatment Care
There is no recovery time for dermaplaning, just a few simple steps to follow after your treatment.
- Hydrate and moisturize your skin
- Avoid sun exposure for 72 hours and slather on SPF
- Hold off on exfoliating 1 week after treatment
Whether you use BOTOX, Dysport, Xeomin, or Jeuveau this serum optimizes the benefits of neuromodulator injections for enhanced, longer-lasting results with Revox™ Line Relaxer from Revision Skincare®. Specifically formulated to be paired with a neuromodulator, this advanced targeted serum delivers a topical infusion of peptides and is clinically proven to help dramatically minimize the appearance of horizontal and vertical expression lines.