Welcome to AYA Medical Spa’s June edition of Beauty Buzz! This newsletter features our provider tips, the benefits of Kybella, sunscreen, and our favorite products!
AYA Med Spa Pro Skin Tip
Most moisturizers and hydrating serums use hyaluronic acid as their moisturizing agent. Hyaluronic acid in itself is not very moisturizing but can hold 1000x its weight in water. Before applying products with hyaluronic acid, make sure your skin is damp. This will help hold all of that water in and keep your skin hydrated.
Kybella Flexible Treatments + Results
Because KYBELLA® injections are done over time,
you and your provider can decide on the number of treatments together.
The KYBELLA® Kount (2+/4+) helps determine the number of treatment sessions estimated for desired results. Our providers will tailor the number of treatments to your aesthetic goals.
How To Apply Sunscreen
1. Use About An Ounce, Every Time
The average person needs 1 oz (2 tablespoons) of sunscreen for each full-body application
2. Get Every Inch From Head To Toe
- HEAD, including the ears, nose, neck and forehead
- ARMS, including the elbows and near the underarms
- HANDS, both the tops and the palms
- BELLY, including under the edges of the swimsuits or clothing
- LEGS, including the front and back of knees
- FEET, including the tops of feet and toes
- COMMONLY MISSED AREAS: Hands, lips, ears, back of neck, nose, tops of feet, hairline, and exposed areas of the scalp.
3. Wait 15 Minutes
Let the sunscreen absorb into dry skin for about 15 minutes before going outside.
4. Reapply Throughout The Day
Reapply every two hours, or more often if you sweat or get wet.
5. Pick The Right Sunscreen
Use a broad-spectrum sunscreen with an SPF rating of at least 30 to protect against UVA (aging) and UBV (burning) rays.
6.Cover Up For More Protection
- Wear wide-brim hats to shade your face and the top of your head.
- Use Sunglasses with 100% UVA and UVB ratings.
- Choose sun-protective long-sleeve shirts and pants for maximum coverage.
- Shop All Sunscreen